The Fuse 2 is a tandem paraglider for professionals who demand maximum efficiency, reliability and also flying pleasure.
The Fuse 2 is a significant step forward compared to its predecessor:
– easier inflation and smoother take-off
– reduced shooting in strong conditions
– precise and well co-ordinated turn with super light brake pressure
– first class “thermal sniffing” ability
– great energy retention with trim off, or super-soft, progressive braking with trim neutral
– improved real world performance in weak and strong conditions
– lighter canopy
– lighter, easier-to-handle risers
– “Trim neutral” position indicator on risers
– replaceable trimmer webbing
Chief designer Gin Seok Song explains the philosophy behind the Fuse 2.
“The first priority with the Fuse 2 was to apply everything we’ve learned from our newest generation of solo wings – it’s still true that the technology developed on our Boomerang series of competition wings trickles down into the whole product range.
Since the first generation of EPT (Equalised Pressure Technology) profiles used in the Fuse 1, we’ve found ways to solve some of the minor drawbacks of the technology – the wing comes up
more smoothly and the brake pressure is much lighter. Overall, the turn is much better co-ordinated and this helps you stay up in weak conditions or climb easier and faster in strong conditions.
Another big plus is the “thermal sniffing” behaviour. The Fuse 2 has a tendency to bring you right where the lift is. We also worked on removing the small niggles that tandem pilots have in their daily work. We see a lot of tandems flown in all conditions on our main test sites in Korea and in Europe. We noticed that professional pilots wear out the webbing on their trimmers real fast. That’s why we came up with a simpler way to replace the trim webbing. Besides this, we kept all the great features of the Fuse 1 that pilots loved, such as the long trim settings and the wide weight range. The wing works well for a wide range of pilots at all kinds of take off sites and in all kinds of conditions.”